2020 has been a difficult year, but we have much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. Whether you’re celebrating at home or looking for a place to host a socially distanced Thanksgiving gathering, here are our picks for brunch, lunch, dinner, takeout, delivery, and nationwide shipping that will still make this year’s celebration one to remember.
Safe + Socially Distant Indoor Dining Options
- Details: Michael Lomonaco and his team will be offering a socially distanced Thanksgiving at Porter House Bar and Grill. This year, Porter House will be offering a Three Course Menu with options like Maine Lobster Bisque with lobster nuggets, dry Fino Sherry, tarragon and crème fraiche, Roasted Natural Lancaster County Turkey with apple & sage stuffing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato and candied pecans, Grilled USDA Prime Rib Eye with buttermilk onion rings & horseradish cream and desserts like Pumpkin Cheesecake with Chantilly cream. Full menu can be found here
- Pricing: $115/Person, $46/children under 10. Reservations are required via OpenTable or by calling 212.823.9500 between 1pm-7pm
- Details: This Thanksgiving, Chef Odo and his team at Michelin-starred o.d.o by ODO will serve a personalized Kaiseki tasting course for those looking for an unconventional Thanksgiving 2020 feast. Guests can call prior to their reservation and request a specific dish or a specific ingredient that they would like Chef Odo to use in the Thanksgiving menu. o.d.o’s reservationist will consult the guests via email or call before their reservation time to discuss. Some ingredient and dish highlights will include Kobako crab, a daily assortment of fresh sashimi, shrimp wonton ramen, tempura anago potato, pottery wagyu with sansho soy sauce, and assorted seasonal dishes.
- Pricing: $250/Person. Reservations can be made on o.d.o by ODO’s website here.
- Details: This Thanksgiving, the Extra Virgin team will be offering a three-course prix fixe menu ($75 per person) with a selection of (1) seasonal and appetizer, entree, and dessert; sides can be added-on a la carte for an additional $13 each. Mediterranean-themed specials with a holiday twist include Thanksgiving Salad, Traditional Thanksgiving Plate, and Cranberry Pecan Pie. Full menu linked here and reservations can be made through the website via OpenTable.
- Pricing: Three Course Prix Fixe: $75. Thanksgiving Day Pick-Up Menu: $50. Orders for takeout must be placed on delivery platforms by Tuesday, 11/24 for pickup on Wednesday 11/25, from 12-4pm or Thursday 11/26 from 10am to 1pm EST
- Details: This Thanksgiving 2020, La Mar by Gastón Acurio, the property’s Peruvian restaurant, will be offering Thanksgiving dinner for two available for dine-in or takeaway ($135) which includes crispy roasted pancetta filled with cranberries, aji panca, chichi de jora (Peruvian corn cider); Arroz Arabe, cumin, shaved toasted almonds; angel hair noodles, Caramelized sweet potato puree with orange; Brussel sprout salad, green apples, cheese, sun flower seeds and aji Amarillo vinaigrette; Peruvian tamal, made with mote corn, quinoa, aji panca, pork jaw served with criolla salad.
- Pricing: $135 for two, $180 for four. To order: call +1 (305) 913 8358; pick up day of Thanksgiving only
To-Go Meals, Kits, and Bundles
- Details: L’Avenue at Saks has New Yorkers covered with three different meal kits, serving up to four guests: “Lunch at L’Avenue,” “Dinner at L’Avenue,” and “Champagne & Caviar,” all of which come with assorted appetizers, entrees, sides, and dessert, featuring Pierre Hermé macarons. Offerings include L’Avenue’s Parisian staples, including Aubergine Grilleé Burrata, Spicy Lobster Pasta, and Filet de Boeuf Rossini. The “Dinner” and “Champagne & Caviar” options also include alcoholic beverage options. The full menu can be found here.
- Pricing: Lunch at L’Avenue: $200; Dinner at L’Avenue: $400, and Champagne & Caviar: $600
- Details: This year, Snooze, An A.M. Eatery will be offering Thanksgiving Meal Kits so that you can celebrate from home. Choose from two Thanksgiving brunch kit options: Thanksgiving Egg Casserole Kit and Pumpkin Brioche French Toast Bake Kit. Each kit comes with a Fresh Fruit Salad, Mixed Greens Salad with tomatoes, parmesan, spiced pepitas and a Dijon citronette, and a pack of Snooze Tenderbelly Bacon. All ingredients, recipe cards and directions for heating and baking are included.
- Pricing: Casserole Kit: $55, a la carte: $30. Brioche Kit: $50, a la carte: $25. All orders must be placed by close of business the day before for next day pick up. Pickup available Tuesday-Saturday, no Sunday pickup + no Thanksgiving Day pickup.
- Details: Katz’s will be offering the new Turkey Rueben Package via their nationwide shipping service. This package includes 2 pounds of oven-roasted, hand-carved juicy turkey breast, with house made gravy, along with Russian dressing, tangy sauerkraut, and melted Swiss cheese.Katz’s also included some of their most popular fall menu items to accompany your Thanksgiving 2020 spread, including round potato knishes, tangy full sour pickles, and house made chicken noodle soup to warm you up. Katz’s will also be opening on Thanksgiving Day, operating with normal hours and menu
- Pricing: $155. One pound of Katz’s legendary pastrami can be added to this package for $25.
- Details: This Thanksgiving, Tannat will offer a special to-go menu, which includes Pasture Raised Turkey rubbed with thyme, sumac, & sage, basted with butter, drippings, & verdejo, Cornbread & Wild Rice Stuffing with drippings, turkey broth, black currants, onion, Roasted Cauliflower made with ginger, turmeric, pickled pepper, Mashed Potatoes with roasted garlic, celeriac, cream, buttermilk, and Mushroom & Giblets Gravy made using turkey drippings, rice flour, corn flour, butter. Natural wine pairings are available upon request.
- Pricing: $70 per person. To order, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text at 929.312.6525; orders must be made by Sunday, November 22 and must be picked up between 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM Thursday, November 26
- Details: Located on the first floor of Dallas’ The Beeman Hotel, Seely’s Mill honors the Lone Star State’s long standing BBQ traditions with its menu of classic smoked meats and dishes inspired by Texas flavors. This Thanksgiving 2020, the hotel will offer Seely’s Mill Thanksgiving To-Go: From Our Smoker To Your Table. The menu includes Smoked Turkey made using pecan wood, Pimento Cheese Stuffed Cornbread, and Pancetta Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables. Full menu can be found here.
- Pricing: $195; feeds 8-10. To order, email email@example.com or call 214-750-6060; must place order by Sunday. November 22; all orders to be picked up November 25th between 5pm-8pm or Thanksgiving Day, 26th, between 8am-12pm (payment is due on day of reservation/order)
- Details: Magnolia Bakery’s beloved pies are available for nationwide shipping now through November 24 via Goldbelly. Plan ahead for holiday celebrations or send a pie to a loved one to show them how much you care. No holiday is complete without a signature Pecan or Apple pie. For those who can’t decide which flavor to get, Magnolia Bakery is offering Pie bundles this year, which include both apple crumb + pecan pies to satisfy any holiday sweet tooth.
- Pricing: Individual Pie ($45), Apple Crumb + Pecan Pie Bundle ($80). Purchase your pies today via Goldbelly