POSITION TITLE: Senior Account Executive
REPORTS TO: Senior Account Director; Account Director; Account Supervisor
DATE: May 2021
A Senior Account Executive (SAE) is a mid-level position and works within a team that may consist of an Account Executive (AE), Assistant Account Executive (AAE) and an Account Coordinator (AC), depending on team structure. As an SAE, you’ll contribute to and oversee the daily operation of the team from an administrative, strategic and media relations perspective across multiple client accounts with excellence. You will ensure that all activities are executed with quality and efficiency with a specific eye to maintaining campaign strategy and servicing client goals. It is essential that you actively seek opportunities to hone your expertise in media relations, branding, strategy, client management and new business through your daily activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact for select clients; develop PR plans and programs, oversee integrated campaigns, media relations and project execution
- Executor of targeted and long-term media relations; ensure quality and creativity in all media outreach and that this outreach is in line with client strategies
- Provide feedback on and approve client customized media lists; assist with local/regional pitching when necessary; oversee assigned Leap projects
- Work diligently to forge new personal media relationships; foster existing relationships for yourself and junior team members
- May serve as a resource for the digital/social media team: developing content calendars, influencer events and campaigns, promotions and other strategies
- Work in tandem with leadership on strategic planning for openings, client program development
- Conduct regular brainstorms, pitch meetings and check-ins for teams and clients to ensure results
- Implement efficient time management processes in daily operations; monitor assignments/status reports; logistics related to client meetings, media events and other programs
- Evaluate and provide feedback on writing projects; ensure best work is submitted to leadership
- Collaborate with leadership to develop team members; ensure ongoing exploration of strategies and skills development for yourself and junior staff
- Collaborate with leadership on team development and growth, strategies, work quality and operations
- Update project trackers like Asana, include assigned tasks in status updates
- Track and code hours worked via Function Fox
- Assist senior team members with proposals and presentations for new business, attending pitch meetings as requested
- Manage seasonal, ingredient, holiday, etc. round up pitches; assist with companywide releases
- Contribute to B+B editorial channels and social media channels
- Aid in employee reviews and mentor junior employees, setting goals, etc.
- Maintain an active involvement in the industry in order to develop and maintain valuable relationships
- Seek career enriching opportunities; classes and seminars on PR, social media, etc.
- Communicate agency strategy and plan in a clear and concise manner
- Attend appropriate industry events on behalf of client and agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Established success of at least four (4) years in media relations, influencer relations, event/program ideation and execution, and client management
- Established national media contacts in print, broadcast and online portals across numerous markets
- Strong written, verbal, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently when needed; proven track record of supporting and growing junior staff
- Extensive skills in MS Office, Google docs and media database systems such as MuckRack; experience with graphics programs and strong working knowledge of social media networks and influencer platforms such as Fohr is preferred
Job Type: Full Time
Work Authorization: United States (required)
Who We Are:
We believe in people first. Our people.
Bullfrog + Baum is a team of award-winning Marketing professionals who will do just about anything to achieve client goals. We represent the best of the best in (and around) the hospitality industry; our clients include restaurants, chefs, hotels, consumer products, destinations, and more.
Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are a team that believes in trying new things, taking risks, being bold, speaking openly, and above all being unapologetically ourselves. Our differences – in backgrounds, ideas and passions – bring us together and make Bullfrog + Baum unlike any other agency.
We offer full-time employees competitive benefits including medical, dental, 401K with company match, wellness stipend, generous commission policy and an unlimited paid time-off policy. Rosé happy-hours, mid-morning coffee talks, and epic holiday parties are just some of the extras. We are perfect examples of the “work-hard, play-hard” mindset. And we’re proud of it!
At Bullfrog +Baum, everyone is welcome— Be you. Join Us.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org