POSITION: Account Executive
WHO YOU ARE:
You’re a high-energy person with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives on creating authentic stories, being part of a diverse team and has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
An Account Executive (AE) supports the team, while overseeing an Assistant Account Executive (AAE) and/or an Account Coordinator (AC), depending on the account structure. You contribute to the daily operation of the team from a media relations and client/account perspective, while supervising and aiding in account administration. You will also bring a sharp sense of media savvy to manage and execute the majority of media relations and client campaign program logistics, while assisting and overseeing all administrative needs. You will aggressively seek opportunities to develop your awareness of branding, strategy and client management through working with more senior team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the creation of integrated PR plans that display thoughtful media relations and strategic tactics that generate news, creative consumer activations, events, etc. on behalf of clients
- Function as the primary pitcher, actively connecting with local and national media contacts to place campaign driven coverage for clients; drafting and disseminating both widespread and targeted pitches, follow up from large-scale outreaches and cold calling when necessary
- Work diligently to forge new personal media relationships and foster existing relationships, hosting journalists for meals, checking in on a regular basis, etc. on behalf of clients
- Take the lead on development of client press kit materials including press releases, fact sheets and bios of key players; Write or edit writing projects, providing constructive feedback and delivering client-ready work to senior team members for feedback and approval
- Brainstorm marketing tactics, promotions, etc. to further client campaign goals
- Be an active listener in all client meetings and contribute when warranted based on experience in topics discussed
- Manage projects, including LEAPs, within a client’s program initiatives
- Oversee administrative duties of an AC and/or AAE; help to prioritize team workload to ensure efficient execution; Support SAD/ADs, SAEs, ASs, AAEs, and ACs in client management including organizing and leading meetings, calls, status reports, media alerts and recaps
- Assist the AC in terms of managing media monitoring, ensuring that any relevant placements are reported to clients, produced and filed in a timely fashion
- Manage and aid in the process of building media lists; work closely with the AC/AAE to develop appropriate lists for specific releases, mailings, launches and events, etc. ensuring that lists include appropriate target contacts and correct/current data
- Review status reports for clients and ensure they are reviewed by a senior team member before being distributed by agreed timeframes with client
- Attend interviews, photo and video shoots and broadcast appearances with clients, when needed
- Continual updating of project trackers in programs such as Asana, ensuring all assigned tasks are included with status updates
- Develop and coordinate production schedules for projects, events and major program initiatives with AS, SAE and SAD/AD supervision as needed
- Participate in developing strategies to achieve company goals including contributing to new business proposals, office-wide campaigns, and all brainstorms
- Contribute to B+B digital/social media team including collaborating on the development of content calendars, influencer events and campaigns, and promotions as required
- Maintain an active involvement in the industry in order to develop and maintain valuable relationships
- Attend appropriate industry events on behalf of client and agency; send recap report after event
- Seek career enriching opportunities; classes and seminars on PR, social media, etc.
- Read a vast selection of print, broadcast and online media daily
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Success of two (2) or more years in the world of hospitality agency public relations (travel or food agency experience a plus) with effective client service
- A natural compulsive curiosity to know all things about hospitality and PR and the most current news regarding restaurant, chef and hotel news
- Network of media contacts that spans across all portals including print, broadcast and online
- Fervent writer whose attention to detail, including grammar, displays a commitment to creating award-winning work
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, punctual and a hard worker
- Excellent communicator with solid attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, effectively multitask and prioritize time
- Extensive skills in MS Office, Google docs or similar database and any graphics programs
- Working knowledge of social media networks (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.)
Job Type: Full Time
Work Authorization: United States (required)
Who We Are:
We believe in people first. Our people.
Bullfrog + Baum is a team of award-winning Marketing professionals who will do just about anything to achieve client goals. We represent the best of the best in (and around) the hospitality industry; our clients include restaurants, chefs, hotels, consumer products, destinations, and more.
Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are a team that believes in trying new things, taking risks, being bold, speaking openly, and above all being unapologetically ourselves. Our differences – in backgrounds, ideas and passions – bring us together and make Bullfrog + Baum unlike any other agency.
We offer full-time employees competitive benefits including medical, dental, 401K with company match, wellness stipend, generous commission policy and an unlimited paid time-off policy. Rosé happy-hours, mid-morning coffee talks, and epic holiday parties are just some of the extras. We are perfect examples of the “work-hard, play-hard” mindset. And we’re proud of it!
At Bullfrog +Baum, everyone is welcome— Be you. Join Us.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com