We're looking for a strategic, collaborative, and knowledgeable Account Executive with proven media relationship and placements and social media savvy to join our team. As an Account Executive, you will work with a diverse range of clients, including hotels, restaurant groups and chefs as well consumer products and lifestyle brands. If you love being part of a team working closely with clients; are fascinated by building relationships; know a good story and how to tell it; and consistently read, watch and listen to everything you can get your hands on…then this is the position for you.
- Serve as a primary pitcher on account teams, working with both local and national media contacts to place meaningful, campaign-focused coverage for clients in a wide variety of genres, from food to lifestyle to business to trade
- Create and manage media lists
- Lead completion of all media queries, working with Account Coordinators as appropriate
- Participate in crafting integrated marketing strategies and unique programming for clients, working alongside Senior Account Executives and Account Directors
- Mentor and manage junior employees, including full-time Account Coordinators and Interns
- Serve as a primary resource for digital/social media team, helping to develop client and agency content calendars and promotions as needed
- Support Account Coordinators in all client and office admin, inclusive of call agendas and recaps, status reports, media alerts, etc.
- Support Senior Account Executives and Account Directors in client management, playing a significant role in all update calls, client meetings, etc.
- Participate in client and new business brainstorming sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- 2+ years agency experience with demonstrated success in media relations/marketing
- Curiosity about the world around you; a passion for food and drink is a significant plus
- Media rolodex featuring contacts across print, broadcast and online media
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills; the ability to write and edit effectively and convey creative ideas in an intelligent manner
- The ability to think (and act) strategically
- Excellent follow-through and an eye for details
- Must be a self-starter with a sense of accountability and commitment to excellence
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people
In addition to working at a boutique firm with smart and passionate people, you'll also get some perks: competitive salary, health and dental insurance, 401K with matching, cell phone reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, summer Fridays, unlimited vacation days, new business commissions, office-wide events and team outings, paid parental leave, and more!