noun: account executive; plural noun: account executives
Definition: A go-getter with a voracious appetite for media that never says “can’t”, keeps their eye on the ultimate goal and knows how to get creative in order to get there.
If you love to problem solve, get a high off placing that perfect piece of coverage, and thrive in an environment where anything is possible, we want to you to join the Bullfrog + Baum team of award-winning PR professionals.
We are seeking a dynamic, strategic, collaborative individual with proven media relations prowess and marketing savvy to work across a diverse roster of clients including restaurant groups, chefs, consumer brands and hotels.
You must love working as part of a team; digging deep to ensure you are delivering an impactful, authentic campaign to your clients and building relationships with media, potential partners and the agency at large. You are someone who knows how to create a compelling story to snag a whale of a placement, as you are always reading, watching or listening to learn more about the world around you. You also pride yourself on hard work and when you hit a wall, you come up with six different ways to get around it.
- U <3 Media - Serve as the media guru on your accounts, the primary pitcher, working with both local and national media contacts to place meaningful, campaign-driving coverage for clients in a wide variety of genres from food to lifestyle to business to trade
- Loves to write and takes pride in continually honing this skill, whether it’s to produce a press release, tailored pitch, or e-mail newsletter copy
- Participates in crafting strategies that achieve goals; you will be a driving force is writing integrated PR plans that contain thoughtful media relations tactics, creative consumer activations, event ideas and more
- Aids in leading the team to greatness; organizes work flow for yourself and junior team members to ensure efficient execution (meeting or beating deadlines) from completion of media queries to creation of press kits
- Shares what you know; mentor and manage junior employees, including full-time Account Coordinators and Interns
- Serves as a primary resource for digital/social media team, helping to develop client and agency content calendars and promotions, as needed
- Supports Account Coordinators in all client and office admin, inclusive of call agendas and recaps, status reports, media alerts, etc.
- Supports Senior Account Executives and Account Directors in client management, playing a significant role in all update calls, client meetings, etc.
- Shares your creativity and contributes to new business proposals, office-wide campaigns and each and every brainstorm
- Insatiable appetite to learn everything about the hospitality + PR industries
- Media rolodex featuring contacts across print, broadcast and online portals
- Obsessive attention to detail and a commitment to producing the highest quality work product
- Avid writer and self-proclaimed grammar nerd
- The ability to think (and act) strategically
- Someone with outstanding follow-through who is extremely detail-oriented
- Must bring a sense of accountability and commitment to excellence
- Must be a self-starter with sense of accountability and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people
- Ability to manage multiple projects/clients simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area of study
- A compulsive curiosity and unquenchable desire to read up on all the latest restaurant, chef and hotel news in New York City, across the country, and around the world
- 2+ years’ experience in the PR world (agency experience a plus)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- A fun, fast-paced environment where no two days are never the same
- A dedicated, diverse team of coworkers that loves crazy ideas and will do anything to achieve client goals; plus, a senior management team that rolls up its sleeves and gets dirty right alongside you to get the job done
- Benefits that rival the big firms: Summer Fridays, contributions to health insurance, wellness reimbursement, 401k, new business commission, employee referral bonuses, unlimited vacation, and more
- Team building and education opportunities from weekly Thursday Happy Hours and a Peer Mentor program to Lunch & Learns; we keep it fun and we keep you growing
ready to APPLY?
Show us what you’ve got. Send a resume, salary requirements, and any other creative that you feel communicates why you should be the next Bullfrog to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT BULLFROG + BAUM
Established in 2000, Bullfrog + Baum is an award-winning Marketing and Consulting Group, representing the best of the best in (and around) the hospitality industry; our clients are found across the U.S. and include all-star chefs, restaurants, hotels, products and events. www.bullfrogandbaum.com.